Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Presenting at Penguicon

Well, two weeks from Friday, I'll be presenting on Python in Michigan... wearing a Starfleet uniform, if the vendor area opens in time.

Yes, I'll be at Penguicon. It's an open-source convention - it's an SF convention - it's a dessert topping! Troy, MI, April 20-22. I've never been there before, and I expect to enjoy it. The schedule included two higher-level Python talks, so it seemed to me like somebody should introduce Python so newbies could get the background they need to absorb the higher-level stuff. Wish me luck!
Introduction to Python, April 20 7:30 - 8:30 PM, Catherine Devlin

Django the Python framework for rapid web app development, April 21 9:30 - 10:30 AM, Dan Scott

Patterns of Data Access implemented in SQLAlchemy, April 21 6:00 - 7:00 PM, Mark Ramm
I also hope to make it to
PostgreSQL & Explaining Explain, April 20 10:00 - 11:00 PM, Aaron Thul
and to sit on the Constructed Languages panel (I'm an Esperantist)... and not to sleep, apparently.

My presentation will be more or less a repeat of the one I gave at Dayton Perl Mongers - it went well there, and the planetary theme should be even more appropriate for Penguicon. In fact, now that I've got a good talk to give, I'm starting to look around for any old place, any old audience in the area I can introduce Python to. Suggestions are welcome! centralOH@python.org is gaining membership pretty nicely, but we're still going to need more to turn it into a really thriving in-person group. Hopefully I can lure a bunch of new people into the joys of Python.

1 comment:

Fahd Mirza said...

I wish you all the best luck in the world.