I've written up an aggregator script (Python, of course) that browses an assortment of event announcement webpages and parses out the name/city/state/date information. Then I made an HTML DB application to serve it up according to your state or province (sorry, non-North-Americans).
No, I haven't written a brilliant AI to figure this out. It's just a bunch of regular expressions.
- Mine from more event sources
- Refactor the source code so it doesn't embarrass me and I can post it
- Debug multiple hits for some events (InOUG especially)
- Add non-North-American region support
- Automate the mining (currently I kick it off and upload to HTML DB by hand)
- get somebody to host the app in some more prominent site
- Provide access to the pure XML as generated by the aggregator, so others don't have to go through the heck of parsing I do